WHY WOULD I USE THE E4T APPROACH?
- You’d use it because you want logic, structure and thoroughness in answering critical business challenges.
- You’d also want to use it in order to do a better, more complete job of thinking about a task/challenge/opportunity that you and your client need to solve.
- You’d use it because you want to differentiate your own offering and to avoid an ad-hoc approach to facilitation.
- And because you realise that by adopting a visual approach you’ll be increasing the effectiveness of your work with and for your clients.
Many facilitation products and services would have us believe they’re ‘cure-alls’ for solving for complexity. In reality however, they almost all tend to limit the frame or lens through which they observe a given situation. Few of them take account of the realities of the 21st Century.
Equipped4Thinking™ was born in order to support requests we’ve received over the years to help people to think more logically and in so doing to help them address the constant stream of challenges and opportunities they or their clients find themselves up against.
As well as helping you reinvent how your clients take on their toughest business challenges, used to full advantage E4T will give you the tools, technologies and training needed to enhance the way you work and help you and your clients to think differently. And if you’re concerned to partner, assist and intervene to create sustainable change, E4T will enable you to add structure, visualisation and accelerated decision processes.
CAN I IMMEDIATELY USE E4T IN MY BUSINESS WORK?
You’ll first need to read the guides (supplied as downloadable PDFs) that come as part of your purchase. Begin with the Quick Start Guide to get you into the approach. Follow that with first The Philosophy, second The Theory and then Applying the Approach. They’ll give you a good grounding in the concepts, principles and foundation on which E4T was developed.
It stands to reason though that the sooner you use the approach, the more familiar you’ll become with it and how it works in different business situations. So once you’ve worked through the guides you can rely on practice in the real world to do the rest!
If when you’ve read everything you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do all we can to help.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT FRAMEWORK TO START WITH?
The Exam Question is always your best starting point. Identifying and debating with your client the issue or challenge they need help with will guide you as to the best framework. That said – and Applying the Approach goes into detail about this – we recommend whenever possible starting with Discovery. It is the wider of the two frameworks and when used in early discussions enables fuller understanding of the issue in its broad context.
You might start with the Development Framework and then decide that the Discovery Framework needs visiting. That’s fine. Just remember that with careful phrasing of the main headings of the modules the two frameworks can be used in different modes.
ARE THERE SITUATIONS WHERE E4T MAY NOT WORK?
Given the correct Exam Question and a good knowledge of the logic there are very few situations where the frameworks will not work. We have found that session success can be linked to the quality of audience selection and support of the sponsor. These are easily tested and you would naturally focus on these things anyway.
CAN I USE JUST SOME OF THE MODULES?
We don’t recommend using less than the full set of modules as that would break the logic and tension. If though, as often happens, you’re pressed for time, our experience says to make sure all modules are shown in position and that you explain each fully but that you don’t attempt to complete them all at this point. In such a situation, some modules can be completed, others only partially tackled and some left blank. However, the need for them all will be clear and those that need further work can be factored in at a later date.
IN WHICH SITUATIONS IS E4T BEST APPLIED?
- It is best applied where there is a clear, well-defined business challenge that requires a view of the whole landscape in order to do justice to it.
- It’s also very appropriate where it’s important to reach alignment about a business issue or set of business dimensions among multiple stakeholders.
It’s best applied when a business challenge needs to be deeply discussed and the adjacencies considered (in reality most business challenges). Or where standard methodologies have failed to surface the issues and a more systemic approach is needed.
FAQs On The E4T Product Help You Understand:
- Why you would use the E4T Approach
- How E4T helps facilitators
- How to use the product
- How to recover your account information
- How to contact product support
- Delve deeper into E4T on the blog
ONCE I’VE PURCHASED THE E4T PRODUCT SET, HOW DO I DOWNLOAD MY FILES?
When you purchase the product set you’ll be asked to create a login for your E4T account. You’ll then be sent a confirming email with a link to your account where you can download the stencils, framework modules and guides. You can access your account here.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I DOWNLOAD THE GUIDES AND MODULES?
You’re allowed to download digital materials from this site five times before you’ll be required to repurchase them.
NOW THAT I’VE PURCHASED AND DOWNLOADED MY FILES, HOW DO I PRINT THEM?
- The instructions for printing modules and stencils can be found in the Applying The Approach.
- The files in the E4T product set were designed to be used digitally on your desktop and mobile tablets. They can also be printed out.
- Using the facilitator guides digitally: All the guides have been created in a spread-reading format (PDFs) for ease of viewing and optimum impact on screen. However, this can be easily overridden in the view settings of whatever program (Adobe Reader, Apple Preview) you’re using to view the documents.
- Using facilitator guides in print form: The guides have been designed to be printed as double-sided, front and back books. If you’re unable to print them yourself or in your place of work, you can copy the files to a USB flash drive and take them to your local printing facility for quick printing. No modification to the current PDF layout will be needed.
I’M HAVING PROBLEMS ACCESSING MY ACCOUNT, HOW DO I RESET MY PASSWORD?
Go to the Login page and click “Lost Password”. We will send a reset email within three hours to the email address you used on registration. If you don’t receive this, please write to us at email@example.com. Include your name, email address and company name so that we can help you resolve the problem manually.